Featured Post

Labor of Love Open House

A Labor of Love Afterburners Open House Meeting on August 30, 2016, was a grand success!  In fact, we earned a Golden Gavel ribbon f...

Friday, June 14, 2013

You should give it a try!


What a journey it has been! I remember when I first joined Afterburners in June of 2010, I felt that this club could really nurture me and help me grow. Working with people was and still is my great passion, I always admire them for their achievements and it makes me push my own limits and strive to reach my own goals.

It was May of 2011 when the nominating committee asked me if I would be willing to serve as one of the club officers. A little bit hesitant and intimidated, but I said, "Yes I can give it a try". Soon I was elected as the club's VP Membership and agreed to serve for the whole year term. It was such a wonderful experience doing my duties, which includes answering guests' inquiries about the club, and greeting them when they come in and visit our meetings. I'll always remember those reactions when they first saw a chair reserved for them and their name printed on a table tent card! Those little gestures spoke for themselves and made them felt welcome even before I was able to shake their hands.

Do you think I'd already had enough?  A year after I stepped up as the VP Education for a 6 month term. Doing this, another rewarding role of working with my fellow members, really made me very proud of being part of this organization, particularly with this club. Proud enough and wanted to grow more, so, I ran for another term.

I have had several conversations with fellow club members, thanking me for my contributions to this club which I strongly believe that everyone should give it a try even if they are new to the organization.

Now, I just to want say, "Thank You!" It has been my pleasure and honor to have served you all, and I am grateful that I tried.

Submitted by Rose Timmons