Featured Post

Labor of Love Open House

A Labor of Love Afterburners Open House Meeting on August 30, 2016, was a grand success!  In fact, we earned a Golden Gavel ribbon f...

Wednesday, June 5, 2013

It takes a village...


An important lesson I gained at TM recently was the gracious assistance I received when I lost my place as general evaluator.  I remembered my first time as general evaluator about a year ago. My anxiety was high, very high. What a contrast to my most recent opportunity. Several members chimed in to guide me through the process. 

Gary Chiu befriended me when I first joined the club, and has continued to mentor me many times by sitting next to me and helping me understand the progressive flow of the meeting. I consider him a valuable and trusted friend.  I regard this process of learning in a friendly and supportive environment as a joyful growth experience.  

Many in the club are looking out for my growth, and urging me to keep going. This has been a rich experience for me, to err among trusted friends and become wiser for the effort.  I am constantly and consistently inspired by Holly who keeps pressing onward.  Her courage and determination are assets to the club, certainly a valuable lesson for me.  I make a point to reinforce my delight in her development with written feedback and words of encouragement.  

One who is always pushing, pulling, twisting, inviting, urging, supporting me, holding my feet to the fire is Rose, our VP-Education.  She treats me as a cherished adopted orphan, always directing me to growth opportunities.  

The week previous to my general evaluator outing, Jody unleashed a few table topics that facilitated much introspection. The respondents had to look deep inside to respond.  I was intent on listening. Wow!  I was drawn to see the tenderness in the hearts of my friends.  

May I give as much as I have received, if that be possible.    

Submitted by Jim Hummel