Featured Post

Labor of Love Open House

A Labor of Love Afterburners Open House Meeting on August 30, 2016, was a grand success!  In fact, we earned a Golden Gavel ribbon f...

Friday, June 29, 2012

The Only Thing to Fear — Yes You Already Know

It’s here! The beginning of a new era is looming close by. Yes, ladies and gentlemen, the time has finally come for me to take my turn as an officer for our club. Crazy, huh? I always knew this day would come, I just didn’t realize how nerve-wracking it would be for me. You see, I too am afraid of change. I don’t know what becoming an officer will do to me! YIKES! (nail biting…) 
Then, I think. I took a chance when I came to Toastmasters. I was determined to embrace the ups and downs of becoming a better speaker. I admitted to myself that, in reality, the downs were only placed by me, feeling that I could not be successful. As time went by, Toastmasters gave me the opportunity to grow and be a more confident presenter. Reflecting on this, and with the support of my club, I truly feel that while this may be a daunting task, we are a team. Better yet, we are family. And with my family of Afterburners I look forward to being your Vice President Public Relations. OOoooOOOooo, sounds fancy. My resumé will think so too ;)
So, here we go again. New to me as it may be I am determined to work hard, keep my sanity intact and help guide my fellow officers and club members on the path that our club has always been on. And I plan to enjoy it!

Saraí Olmos