Featured Post

Labor of Love Open House

A Labor of Love Afterburners Open House Meeting on August 30, 2016, was a grand success!  In fact, we earned a Golden Gavel ribbon f...

Saturday, June 23, 2012

Judge Not, Lest Ye Be Judged – Unless It Is Your Opportunity

Last year, I was invited to step up to District Leadership as the District Chief Judge. I accepted the position and only found out later how many people had stepped off the tracks in front of me in order for me to get the full force of the train heading my way.

The District Chief Judge opportunity is probably the hardest thing I have ever done. I laid cross-ties in the dead of winter in The Colony so that is saying something.  All kidding aside, I enjoyed every minute of the year. Toastmasters are a super group and I learned that I had a great deal of support from all the excellent Judges and Chief Judges throughout District 25.

I also served as VP – Education of the Afterburners Toastmasters Club and Club Mentor/Interim President for Tarrant County Toastmasters. These are both great clubs full of great people and a tribute to the Toastmasters organization.

As stressful as it was at times, we had two excellent contest seasons with 72 great contests, casting around 900 ballots total. As a group, the District 25 Judging community never let the District down and I wish to thank each and every one for their fantastic support of the contests this year.

Steven Timmons