Featured Post

Labor of Love Open House

A Labor of Love Afterburners Open House Meeting on August 30, 2016, was a grand success!  In fact, we earned a Golden Gavel ribbon f...

Wednesday, June 20, 2012

And the Beat Goes On!

On June 1, 2012, I celebrated 25 years of membership in Toastmasters. I have been a member of Afterburners since August 1991 during those 25 years.

Many times I am asked "WHY" stay around for such a long time. My response has always been that over the years, I have found many reasons to stay, but none good enough to leave!

I have a confession to make. For the 2012-2013 Toastmaster year, I had decided to be just a "POT, a plain ole Toastmaster." My determination was strong. I was going to rest next year.

THEN, a marvelous opportunity presented itself. The incoming Lt Governor Education and Training, Dean Lampman, asked me to serve the Members of District 25 as the District Training Chair. What an opportunity! I had never expected to be asked for this role because I had said many times, "they won't let me do that because we would not start before 10 am." My Toastmaster friends know that the morning hours are not my best of the day.

Here I am, incoming D25 Training Chair, helping to plan the summer sessions for Toastmasters Leadership Institute. We will celebrate the fabulous opportunity for our Club Officers to be the best they can be by becoming trained Club Officers. Our elective classes will offer a variety of topics for any Toastmaster to attend.

I can't wait for the party!

Brenda Daniels DTM
D25 Training Chair 2012-2013