Featured Post

Labor of Love Open House

A Labor of Love Afterburners Open House Meeting on August 30, 2016, was a grand success!  In fact, we earned a Golden Gavel ribbon f...

Thursday, June 21, 2012

A Dream Opportunity for Aaron

Some teens during the summer get a summer job or even sit around and do nothing at all. I am doing the opposite of that. Last summer, I went to the United Kingdom and I had a great time soaking up the culture and the customs. This year, I have the pleasure of going to the greatest university in the world’s summer school.

Harvard has always been a dream of mine since I can ever remember. Now that I am actually going to this school it seems kind of like a dream. The very thought to be accepted to even their summer school is a great honor in itself. This is truly just a stepping stone into bigger and better things. The things that I will learn at the college will be phenomenal.

Starting June 24, I will be living the college life for six weeks. I will be eating, sleeping, and studying within the college livelihood. I also have the opportunity to be taking classes which will give me college credit. I will have the chance to meet tons of people from around the world and get to experience so many cultures from around the world.

This will be my longest time away from home and I am not that worried it as much. I guess since I have been across the globe already and this just being on the eastern seaboard shouldn’t be that bad even for six weeks. I guess I can’t be overexcited or even overly worried either. I guess just I have to be nonchalant about it. I realize that I could goof off and party rock until the break of dawn, but I think opportunities like these can’t be taken for granted. They must be used to their fullest capacity.

All in all, I am most grateful and blessed to have a mother who would do everything in her power to help me achieve my goals. So, this summer is definitely is going to be a blast.

Aaron Robinson