Featured Post

Labor of Love Open House

A Labor of Love Afterburners Open House Meeting on August 30, 2016, was a grand success!  In fact, we earned a Golden Gavel ribbon f...

Thursday, May 24, 2012

Working Behind the Scenes

Fall of 2010 was my first time attending the D25 Conference, when my husband and I were brave enough and stepped up as the Volunteer Chairs. Not knowing exactly what to expect, but still, I had so much fun, even though I ended up volunteering myself in different areas.

We all know events like this can always use some extra hands so when the 2011 Spring Conference came I ended up volunteering again, but this time as the Hospitality Suite Chair, where I met and worked with lots of great leaders in our district.

Well, you would think I had enough, but guess what? These past two conferences I’ve been working behind the scenes as the Registration Chair. Both times were very rewarding experiences for me. I learned so much working with fabulous people in this area; the smiles, laughter, and most of all, the lifelong friendships that I can always cherish and that make my Toastmasters journey enjoyable and memorable.

When you plan on attending the next D25 conference, think about lending a hand; and next time you find someone working behind the counter with curlers on, just remember that “doing it right” plus “positive attitude" may be the only thing you need to help out and still have a memorable conference experience. 

Rose Timmons
Fall 2011/Spring 2012 Registration Chair