Featured Post

Labor of Love Open House

A Labor of Love Afterburners Open House Meeting on August 30, 2016, was a grand success!  In fact, we earned a Golden Gavel ribbon f...

Tuesday, November 15, 2011

Chapter Two

Saraí Garcia Olmos
This fall at Afterburners Toastmasters has been a memorable one! I was finally able to present chapter two of the “novel” that I’ve been working on. Like most aspiring authors I was experiencing writer’s block.  Although I did not physically write anything down, my family here at Afterburners has helped me develop this ongoing tale about a character named Peter. I introduced him earlier this year and had hoped to continue his story throughout a number of subsequent speeches. 
After presenting my story to the club, I received numerous praises. I never imagined that the response would be so great.  It made me proud.  Everyone gave me lots of compliments and encouragement. I was even asked to deliver a part two! This is what ultimately helped me continue developing Peter’s story.
My club members have also helped me focus on wording and delivery so that I can continue to capture the audience. I am so thankful to be able to share my side projects with my club and in return get the feedback I need to polish it. So, come and join the fun! Who knows? You might catch Peter in his next adventure!