Featured Post

Labor of Love Open House

A Labor of Love Afterburners Open House Meeting on August 30, 2016, was a grand success!  In fact, we earned a Golden Gavel ribbon f...

Saturday, October 29, 2011

Comfort Zone

Bill Erwin
I visited a Toastmaster meeting with no idea of what to expect. There were some very impressive speakers who were willing to share their experience in a positive setting.

After a couple of meetings, I felt comfortable enough to participate in "Table Topics" where I stood up to answer a short question about a fun topic.  After noticing the improvement of the newer speakers, I felt ready to do my own "Icebreaker" speech where I get to talk about myself.  That made me nervous.  But I can think of no better way (or place) to step out of my "comfort zone" and drag it to where I want it to be!