Featured Post

Labor of Love Open House

A Labor of Love Afterburners Open House Meeting on August 30, 2016, was a grand success!  In fact, we earned a Golden Gavel ribbon f...

Monday, December 3, 2012

Lonya's Toastmasters Goal: Confidence in Public Speaking

Hello Afterburners! First I would like to thank you all for allowing me to join this fantastic organization. Everyone is so experienced and helpful! I feel that this is a great way to grow and learn personally and professionally.

I have always been impressed by those who are able to get up in front of a room full of people and speak eloquently. Personally, public speaking has always been a challenge for me; in fact I would try to avoid it as much possible. I heard about the Toastmasters from a friend a few years back; he told me how well it helped him with his confidence when speaking in front of large audiences. It took me some time to join due to other obligations, but here I am, ready and eager to learn and grow with you all.

Here is a little bit about me. I am from Madison, Wisconsin. I’ve lived in the Fort Worth area for a little over three years now. Currently I am a program analyst in the Air Force stationed at Carswell Air Force Base here in Fort Worth.

Again I thank you all! I look forward to your feedback.

Lonya Foy