Featured Post

Labor of Love Open House

A Labor of Love Afterburners Open House Meeting on August 30, 2016, was a grand success!  In fact, we earned a Golden Gavel ribbon f...

Tuesday, September 7, 2010

Awards Banquet is fun for first-timer

This year's awards banquet was my first ever. I had a wonderful time eating dinner with friends and among many other toastmasters from many other clubs. What I liked the best was the camaraderie among our district's leadership. I didn't expect that from a district that boasts so many clubs and members. I also enjoyed the past district governor's roast. It was the highlight of the evening! It's great to know that our district can be so dedicated to its members and at the same time not take themselves too seriously. What a relaxed evening!

SaraĆ­ Garcia