Featured Post

Labor of Love Open House

A Labor of Love Afterburners Open House Meeting on August 30, 2016, was a grand success!  In fact, we earned a Golden Gavel ribbon f...

Monday, June 28, 2010

Benson's TLI experiences

The Toastmasters Leadership Institute held at Texas Christian University on June 26, 2010 was my first District 25 Event. I learned that Afterburners Toastmasters truly lives up to its motto of "leading the way."  I was impressed that Afterburners has consistently set the bar in District 25, and realized the decisions we make at Afterburners not only affect our club, but also influence the other clubs in our District.

I also learned that Afterburners Toastmasters is one of the larger clubs in the District, and large clubs have unique challenges. For example, in a larger club, the role of a mentor becomes more important to support new members as they grow within the club. In a larger club, it is also essential for the VP Education to make sure each member has timely opportunities to speak.

I am truly impressed with the reputation of Afterburners Toastmasters, and I look forward to serving in my role as VPE to enable our members to maintain that reputation.

Benson